Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It takes a village

I'm certain that I've mentioned before just how amazing our community is. It was proven to me AGAIN this weekend.

A few months back I got this idea in my head.  You see, our friends have this AMAZING pond that they share with all of us.  We swim in it in the summer, skate on it in the winter, it's a real gathering place for all of us.  The only trouble with it, is that in the summer, there is NO place to hide to get out of the sun.  Many a portable tent has been blown away in the strong winds that rip through there.  It needed something permanent. 
So we gathered the troops, bought some wood, and did this:





(Piggies, new members of the extended family, thrown in for good measure!)



Nearly EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. in our community showed up at one point or another to pitch in.  Some swung hammers, some made lunch, but everyone came together to make this happen like it only could have in the best of my dreams. 

It takes a village to do a lot of things. Raise a family, organize a village garage sale, or build a pergola it would seem.

Oh my heck do I love this place! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so envious of your little community! Looks great Jenn!

    ReplyDelete