Monday, May 13, 2013

Asking for help.

It's been way over a month since a decent update around here.

Very unlike me.

I haven't been feeling the writing thing these days, maybe because we've been feeling kicked in the arse by this whole life thing.

We started out strong in April, but somewhere in the middle of Autism Awareness month (ironically) things went down hill. 

Griffin seems to be plagued by anxiety, and thoughts of self harm.  So much so that it ended us up in Emerg a few weeks ago when I felt like I had nowhere else to turn.  My toolbox was empty, I had no idea how to deal with what my six year old was throwing at me, so I waived the white flag and asked for help.

Turns out that was one of the biggest hurdles that we needed to jump...just to ask for that extra bit of help, because it's come flooding in now.  It's given me back my belief in the "system" and in the family doctor, and has left me feeling a little more hopeful that we can help this kid, MY kid, who can be so sweet and loving one moment and so terrifying and sad and angry and so much more in just one blink of an eye.

We have two appointments this week on Thursday, which can't come soon enough.  Things are SO TENSE around here, and I can't wait for some help to start flowing in.  I don't know what the answers are right now, but I know that someone does, and I can't wait to hear from them. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that things have been so difficult for Griffin and for all of you lately, Jenn. It's so hard to see our kids struggling in some way and feel as though we don't know what to do to help them. I'm really glad you've found some support and are feeling more hopeful this week. That outside help can make all the difference. Thinking good thoughts for all of you -- I hope there will soon be easier days ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete